Advent is a season of remembrance and anticipation. We remember how God came into the world through Jesus to save his people from their sins and anticipate the day when Jesus will return to consummate his eternal kingdom. In looking backward we remember how God prepared the world for the coming of his Son by providing children to the childless in key moments of redemptive history through Abraham and Sarah and Zechariah and Elizabeth. These central stories teach us God brings life where no life previously existed and does so in such a way that brings about his glory, requiring our humility, in his time, requiring our patience, and in his power, requiring our faith.
Today’s Worship Music
- Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) – Chris Tomlin
- Only King Forever – Elevation Worship
- It Is Well – Bethel Music
- What a Beautiful Name – Hillsong Worship
- In the Bleak Midwinter – Piano Trio
- Noel – Lauren Daigle